Places to Visit
Places to go near Camellia Cottage
* Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the picturesque Buninyong Botanical Gardens and the adjacent lake (known as "The Gong") or along tree-lined Union Jack Creek from De Soza Park.
* Climb or take the scenic drive to the summit of Mt Buninyong for stunning views of Mt Warrenheip and as far as the Grampians and Port Philip Heads.
* Golfers will love the Buninyong Colf Club.
* An interesting short guided tour of the township will show you many of Buninyong's charming historic buildings.
* As well as a hotel and several cafes, there is a supermarket, several gift shops, a bakery, pharmacy & medical centre, post office & garage/newsagency in the village, all only a three minute walk from Camellia Cottage. Two local wineries and the Fauna & Bird Park at Mt Helen are also fun to visit and the Buninyong Blueberry Farm sells delicious blueberries around New Year.
* The Buninyong Farmers Market is held in the Town Hall on the third Saturday of the month and the occasional Buninyong Makers Market features the work of top-line local artists and craftspeople. Special annual events are the Buninyong Good Life Festival in October and the Buninyong Film Festival in May.
For more in-depth local information, visit Buninyong's comprehensive community website: www.buninyong.vic.au.
Only 11 Kms away, the regional city of Ballarat offers many attractions: Sovereign Hill, the Gold Museum, the Eureka Centre, Lake Wendouree and the Botanical Gardens, the Begonia Festival, Ballarat Fine Art Gallery, cafes and restaurants, antique shops, beautiful old goldrush mansions, hotels and public buildings.
In the Region
* Spas and cafes at Daylesford and Hepburn Springs
Home | Features | About Us | Bookings | Contact Us | Photo Gallery | Places to Visit
Camellia Cottage offers superior bed and breakfast accommodation for those seeking a B&B with style.